Thursday, November 5, 2009

I just recently moved my food blog from wordpress here to blogspot. I like the format better. :) If you think you have seen some of these recipes elsewhere, it is quite possible that you have. My goal is to publish one modernized recipe a month, festive or not, out of an historical cookbook. At the moment I am working with four books; Mrs. Lydia Maria Child's The American Frugal Housewife, Mrs. Sarah Josepha Hale's The Good Housekeeper and two of Miss Eliza Leslie's books: Seventy-Five Recipes for Pastries, Cakes and Sweetmeats and Directions for Cookery. These books are a part of my undergraduate thesis in history and I used research as an excuse to fiddle with them.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Miss Leslie's 'Prentice

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails